Thursday, June 28, 2018

My Mom Tribe

Joyous as parenting may be, it comes with its own set of "Oh my God! What did I get myself into!" moments. Being a mother to a child in this day and age poses its own set of unique challenges. Women are forced to take on more than they ever did in the years past. You are expected to step it up if you are stay at home mom and you are expected to be a super mom who has it all together if you are a working mom. You cannot win either way!

Some of us are blessed with wonderful spouses who can share the burden and make life slightly less stressful for us. Some spouses parent together and some are together because they parent. Either way, the person who was your spouse is your co-parent. No fun there! In most working families, each of us face our own challenges with staying afloat and keeping pace with everything around us.

Between ppd, mom guilt, work guilt and everything else that stands in the way of you enjoying yourself, there is one thing that keeps most of us afloat. I call it my 'Mom Tribe'. Your mom tribe does not have to consist of only moms. It's those precious friends, who get you, see you for what you are, mom or not. They don't judge you for your parenting decisions. Mindless shopping to girl talk to stepping up when you truly need help without you asking for it. To laugh together and to push you forward through your self doubt! They lunch with you after you rescheduled a million times and thinking nothing of it! They rally with you and make your life what it should be, NORMAL!

I thank my MOM TRIBE for getting me through my toughest days and celebrating the happy ones with me! You keep me sane and are a huge piece of my mom life!

No comments: